DRESSMAKING & MEN'S TAILORING SERVICE
Nicola can design, create or near copy from your pictures or patterns. If you have an idea of what you want but cannot find it in the shops then why not have a bespoke, tailored to fit garment made.
How does it work?
- From your point of contact, we will arrange a free design consultation which begins the process. We will then discuss what you would like to have made. We will discuss the style, materials, your budget and time-scale (preferably 8 weeks).
- After our initial meet I will sketch up a design and send this to you via e-mail or post. I will also send you a cost quotation for your consideration.
- If all sounds good and well and you are happy to go ahead with the design of your bespoke garment. You will be invited for a measure up fitting. We would advise wearing a vest top and leggings so we can get a good measure reading. Don't worry if you don't have any leggings - we can provide a pair.
- After the fitting and before any work commences on your bespoke garment - payment must be made. This is for the full amount that was quoted to you via e-mail. Payment in full is your commitment to your order
- Once payment has been received and cleared, either by Bank Transfer/By card or by cheque we will then start on your individual pattern.
- Once the pattern has been made, we will then start on your Toile garment which is a mock up of your design. We may need to get you in for a few try on's over the construction of your make. This ensures a perfect fit and finish on your final garment
All Consultations and fittings take approx 1 hour and are held in my shop. I always try to organise consultations outwith my advertised opening times as it can get pretty manic in the shop. This is so I can give you my full attention during your appointment.
Choosing your fabrics.
For Men's tailoring we stock several, high end, carefully selected cloth house books such as Holland & Sherry, Harrison's of Edinburgh & Loro Piana
For the ladies - Unfortunately we don't hold a lot of fabric samples but if you give us a brief on a fabric pattern and colour then we can certainly source it.
If you would like to make an appointment to discuss a Bespoke garment with Nicola (Dress maker) or Mark (Men's Tailoring fitter) then please call 01531 822906 or e-mail Nic@sewsewandhig.com (dress maker) / email@example.com (Men's Tailor)
You can alternatively drop by the store and have a quick chat.
Cancellations & Refund advice on bespoke garments.
Unfortunately once payment has been made it is not possible to change your order as all as your garment has been made and cut uniquely for you.
It is only possible to cancel your order once it has been submitted where the cutting has not been started. This will carry a £40 cancellation charge